Terra Plana EVO Review
EVO! That’s the name of my phone. No, this is not a cell phone review. The EVO is also the name of a new minimalist barefoot shoe by Terra Plana. I hefted a pair tonight. Initial thoughts: incredibly lightweight, and your toes won’t feel any separation anxiety – at least mine didn’t. The “Vivobarefoot” technology, launched in 2003 and claimed the original getting back-to-the-basics barefoot shoe. You’re almost barefoot with an ultra thin puncture resistant sole, and you will feel free but with plenty of protection.
- Lightweight? Check. The EVO weighs about 8 oz. (My phone is still lighter)
- Toe co-habitation in a barefoot world? Check. No toe estrangement here.
- Expensive? Check. These EVO’s will run you one Benjamin and three Jackson’s. ($160)
- Vegan? Check. I guess if you get really hungry….
- APPs? None here. Check the Android Market.
What do you think about this whole barefoot minimalist “get- shoes-off-my-feet-but-don’t-make-it-hurt” movement?
Update: Terra Plana and VIVOBAREFOOT are going their separate ways. More here.
Categories : barefoot, Come-phee, Eco-Friendly Shoes, Running Shoes, Shoe Technology, Shoes + Health